The fine print
By clicking on the checkbox during checkout, you agree to the following terms, conditions, policies and limitations.
This is a Membership Agreement (“Agreement”) between you, the “Member”, and The Karis Group, Inc., “we”, “us”, “our”, “Kare360″, “Karis” or “Company”, collectively the “Parties”. The Karis Group provides a service by the name of Kare360, which is the basis for this Agreement, on a monthly subscription basis to assist members with questions and problems related to interacting with or navigating the American healthcare system.
- When you subscribe to an individual ($12.95/mo), couple ($16.95/mo) or family plan ($24.95/mo), you are subscribing to an automatically recurring monthly membership. Partial months are prorated. Each subsequent month, you will be billed the full monthly rate for the plan you selected on the 1st of each calendar month.
- If you sign-up for the Kare360plus Savings Program, please be sure to review the unique Kare360plus terms, conditions, disclosures and limitations. The Savings Program is available at an additional fee (please contact us for more information) regardless of which Kare360 membership type you select and the fee cannot be prorated for a partial month.
- We are open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday, Central Standard Time. We are closed for major holidays, a few extra days for Christmas and Thanksgiving, and close the office three times a year for staff training and volunteer activities.
- This is not insurance and we do not provide funds to pay any bills.
- An individual is a person residing in the United States, eighteen years of age or older. A couple is two Individuals who are married. A family is an Individual or Couple with legal dependents who reside at the same address.
- You can cancel at anytime. When you cancel, your membership will expire at the end of the calendar month in which your notice of cancellation was received. No partial refunds are offered. If you cancel a monthly membership and wish to become a Kare360 Member again at a later date, you will only be offered a prepaid annual membership that will automatically renew on the one year anniversary of sign-up. Prepaid annual memberships are good for 12 calendar months, and no partial refunds are offered. Please review the disclosures for the Kare360plus Savings Program for cancellation policies specific to the discount program
- If your Kare360 membership is paid for by an employer, that employer is subject to a separate Business Membership Agreement. If you would like to upgrade from an individual or couple membership your employer is paying for, let us know and we can directly bill you for the difference. If your employer cancels their Business Membership Agreement, we will notify you and you will be given the opportunity to continue your membership by paying us directly.
- We cannot provide medical or legal advice or act as an agent or broker regarding insured products.
- We do not sell your information to third-parties, and we will not spam you. Kare360 is by nature a best efforts service. Despite our best efforts, we may not be able to meet your expectations, but so long as the assistance you seek is within our scope of services, we will try.
- We will protect and safeguard your private and sensitive information in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and industry best practices.
Description of Service
Kare360 is a service delivered primarily over the phone between you and our Kare360 Advisors (“Advisors”). You, or our Advisors, may also correspond by email, fax or other appropriate means as needed. We find answers to questions and solutions to problems that arise from your interaction with or navigation of the healthcare system. We are not doctors, lawyers or insurance agents or brokers. We expend the time and effort that would otherwise be required of you to find answers or solutions to the problems that are pushed back onto you as you interact with or navigate the American healthcare system.
If you cancel service while you have an open case(s), we will continue working on the open case(s) until your membership expires. Once your membership expires, we cannot continue to provide service.
How to Obtain Service
When you have a question or problem that arises from interacting with or navigating the American healthcare system, you can initiate a case with Kare360 to obtain service by calling 855-Kare360 (855-5273-360), emailing help [at] kare360 [dot] com (so long as you have provided us with your email address), starting a chat on http://www.kare360.com, or sending us a tweet through Twitter, http://www.twitter.com, to @kare360 so long as you have provided us with your Twitter username or handle. Every time you request service, you will receive an email confirmation that a case has been opened. If you do not receive an email confirmation, you should assume that a case has not been opened, and we would ask you to contact us again to request service.
What We Need from You
In order to provide service to you, we need certain information at sign-up and additional information from time-to-time depending on the particular issue on which you have asked us to work. You agree to provide accurate information and be attentive and timely in correspondence with our team. At sign-up, you will be required to provide your name, phone number, email address, mailing and billing addresses and credit card number, security code and expiration date.
After sign-up, you will receive an email confirming the payment transaction and an email confirming your Membership. The email confirming your Membership will request additional information you agree to supply including the names of any other individual or children covered by your membership.
For additional individuals covered by your membership, you will also be asked to provide phone and email information. If you would like for us to open cases for you when you send a tweet to @kare360, you and any other individual covered by your membership must provide your Twitter username or handle.
The first time we need to discuss or disclose your private health information (“PHI”) to a third-party for purposes of providing the services described in this Agreement, we will request an executed (signed and dated) Medical Information Release Form (“MIRF”) from you. This release has its own terms, conditions and limitations, which you should review at time of signing.
If any of the information described in this section changes, or any information related to an open case we are working on for you, you agree to provide us with updated or corrected information as soon as possible.
Only natural persons age eighteen or older residing in the United States are eligible to become Kare360 Members. Family memberships include service for children eighteen years and under.
When you subscribe to an individual ($12.95/mo), couple ($16.95/mo) or family plan ($24.95/mo), you are subscribing to an automatically recurring monthly membership. Partial months are prorated except for Kare360plus. Each subsequent month, you will be billed the full monthly rate for the plan and add-ons, if any, you selected on the 1st of each calendar month.
If you become a prepaid annual subscriber, your subscription will renew on the one-year anniversary of your sign-up.
Payment is only accepted by credit card or by debit cards that can be used as a credit card.
You can cancel at anytime. When you cancel, your membership will expire at the end of the calendar month in which your notice of cancellation is received. No partial refunds are offered.
If you cancel a monthly membership and wish to become a Kare360 Member again at a later date, you will only be offered a prepaid annual membership. Prepaid annual memberships are good for 12 calendar months and no partial refunds are offered.
The Company will automatically cancel your membership if after processing a renewal transaction your payment method is declined. You will be notified that your payment method is declined and will have 30 days to provide valid payment information and have your account reinstated.
No International Service
Kare360 is not available internationally. We cannot contact healthcare providers (e.g. a doctor), facilities (e.g. surgical center) or any other person, company or organization located outside of the United States.
Right to Refuse Service
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Rights Granted by You to Company
You agree to allow us to monitor or record phone calls for the purpose of improving our service. You agree to allow us to anonymize information we obtain for the purpose of reporting, marketing and service improvement.
We are not doctors, lawyers or insurance agents or brokers. We cannot provide medical or legal advice or act as an agent or broker regarding insured products. This agreement does not establish an agency relationship between you and us.
As a Company, we have a conscientious objection to seeking abortions. We cannot assist Members who need assistance or information on obtaining an abortion. If a Member has had an abortion and needs assistance related to that procedure after it has occurred, we will assist as we assist with any other issue covered by the scope of service.
If you would be prohibited from doing something by state or federal law, so would we. We cannot provide any service that violates local, state or federal law.
Changes to Service, Terms or Pricing
Limitation of Liability
Liability for Kare360 is limited to the accumulated membership fees you have paid to Kare360.
Incorporation by Reference
This Agreement is subject to force majeure. We shall not be liable nor deemed to be in default for a delay or failure to perform under this Agreement deemed to result directly or indirectly by any cause of force majeure including strikes, accidents, acts of God, weather conditions, inability to secure labor, restrictions imposed by any government or governmental agency, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Company.
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
If for any reason any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
The headings in this Agreement are inserted for convenience only, and shall not be used to define, limit, or describe the scope of this Agreement or the obligations herein.
For all purposes hereof, “day” shall mean calendar day and shall include weekends and holidays, expressly provided, however, that if any notice period terminates on a weekend or holiday, the person who is required to deliver the notice shall have until the next business day to complete the notice requirement.
Construction of Agreement
Whenever used in this Agreement, the singular number will include the plural, and the plural number will include the singular. Pronouns in the masculine, feminine or neutral gender shall include each other gender.
Effect of Signature
This Agreement may be executed by electronic (e.g. checkbox or EchoSign digital signature) or facsimile signature, which shall be deemed an original signature.
The Company agrees and certifies that it is and will continue to be in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, including but not limited to, applicable healthcare privacy and security acts such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties, and any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement shall not be binding upon either party except to the extent incorporated in this Agreement.
Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or breach thereof, that cannot be amicably resolved through negotiation between the Parties, shall be settled by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, including Emergency Interim Relief Procedures, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any arbitration proceedings will be conducted in Travis County, Texas.
It is agreed that this Agreement shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas.
Date of last update: Feb 9, 2012